UK Greyhound Racing - King Dec aims to shine in British Breeders' Stakes final
Liz McNair's King Dec will be one of the shining beacons heading into the British Breeders' Stakes which will take place in front of the Sky Sports cameras on October 28, but there will be some eye-catching rivals in the 500m showpiece, which will be held at Nottingham Stadium.
Charlie Lister's Golden Apple recorded the fastest time of the semi-finals and drawn on the outside of King Dec will attempt to emulate his qualifying display, whilst the likes of Lowgate Zircon and Lowgate Onyx add more depth to what should be a fabulous showpiece.
Latest Greyhound News
- 16/10/14 - Yolo outbattles Maxi in All England Cup final
- 09/10/14 - Teddy shines in Yorkshire St Leger at Doncaster
- 30/09/14 - Underground Paul battles to Steel City Cup success
- 17/09/14 - Keith fends off rivals to bag epic East Anglian Derby victory
- 13/09/14 - Blake bounds to Irish Greyhound Derby success
Racing Post Greyhound TV
Racing Post Greyhound TV offers live greyhound racing on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights from a whole host of tracks on Sky Channel 231 and Freesat 402. Providing live action from 715pm to 10:45pm, RPGTV also has some of the leading tipsters presenting the show from the studio.
Don't forget you can also watch excellent live greyhound racing throughout the whole of 2012 on Sky Sports as they cover some of the leading competitions during the busy calendar and also on Bet365, who offer some fantastic live streaming of greyhound racing.
Greyhound racing produces a terrific turnover for the bookmakers and the option of Tote betting just enhances punter's options of having a bet.
With only six dogs to bet on in each specific race it's unsurprising that odds can sometimes be fairly skinny, so the fascination with betting forecasts and tricasts certainly widens the betting options for punters and these are just a couple of Tote Bets on offer.
Another big area of greyhound betting are the ante-post markets with bookmakers pricing up events at the start of the competition. The English Greyhound Derby, in particular attracts some huge ante-post bets with over one hundred dogs likely to enter the competition at the start.
Greyhound Racing History
Greyhound racing has been a treasured sport in the United Kingdom over the last 250 years and the UK still has 25 licensed stadia all over the country.
Racing takes place all year round with the bookmakers providing pictures from all the tracks, whether on their BAGS service or evening meetings.
As well as the bookmakers, Sky Sports have become a huge part of generating money for the sport and they currently broadcast from a variety of tracks all season and provide viewers with excellent live greyhound racing.
For any greyhound owner or trainer the Greyhound Derby is the competition they all want to win and with a prize fund having just been raised to a staggering £125,000 it has certainly kept the financial interest left in the sport.
Nevertheless, the majority of visitors to a dog track are merely there to socialise and have the odd speculative punt either on a dog to win or perhaps a trio or forecast.
Unlike horse racing where the colours come from the stables greyhound racing in the United Kingdom has a standard colour scheme that is adhered to in all of the stadia.
Trap 1 = Red with White numeral
Trap 2 = Blue with White numeral
Trap 3 = White with Black numeral
Trap 4 = Black with White numeral
Trap 5 = Orange with Black numeral
Trap 6 = Black & White Stripes with Red numeral
A special jacket worn by a reserve dog has an additional letter 'R' prominently displayed on each side of the jacket to advise spectators of a change in the running.
|19:50 | 19:53 | 19:56 | 19:59 | 20:02 | 20:05|
|19:49 | 19:52 | 19:55 | 19:58 | 20:01 | 20:04|
- 2012 Greyhound Derby Final Betting Coolavanny Bert short odds to win prize
- Coral Essex Vase Odds Back Aero Majestic in the Romford betting
- William Hill Oaks Odds Silverview Perky a marginal favourite at Wimbledon
- Yorkshire St Leger Odds Droopys Arshavin a marginal favourite at Doncaster
- Betfair Laurels Odds Betting predicts Eden Star will shine at Belle Vue
- Henlow Derby Odds Taylors Sky hot favourite in the betting
- William Hill Greyhound St Leger Odds Aero Majestic and Blue Bee dominate betting
- Greyhound Grand National Odds Blackhall Prince heads betting at Wimbledon