Greyhound Racing Tips
Our resident tipsters will be looking through the form guides to dig out those all-important winners. Make sure you come back to have a look what they are tipping up for future greyhound racing.
2016 Greyhound Derby Tips
A bumper field will assemble at Wimbledon in the first round of the 2016 William Hill Greyhound Derby, which kicks off on May 5 and we have found a brace of star performers who could go far in the competition, and are worth an each-way play.
JAYTEE JET has propelled to outright favourite for the competition, and deserves to be at the head of the market, and looks the one to beat as he has shown he oozes class and the 480m trip at Wimbledon should play to his strengths, so he is certainly worth a win bet.
A more speculative each-way play could be Charlie Lister's TYRUR FERGAL, who is still a youngster, but showed when performing with credit in the Kinsley Gymcrack that he has the potential to improve, and with the Derby king handling his progression then at 150/1 with Paddy Power is a cracking outside bet.
2016 William Hill Greyhound Derby Ante Post Tips
- JAYTEE JET (win) @ 14/1 with Betfred.com
- TYRUR FERGAL (each way) @ 150/1 with Paddy Power - Eliminated (Round One)
Greyhound Tipping Clues
Tipping a winner is always difficult, especially when the action is live on Sky Sports, as some of the top greyhound talents around are contesting some ultra-competitive competitions.
However, we will try to put you on the right track with some pointers for picking those all-important greyhound winners.
- Check the dog's previous form at the track
- Look towards a greyhounds who has good recent form
- Mark Wallis and Charlie Lister are names to watch out for when the action is shown on Sky Sports
- Look for a dog with early pace to make the first bend in front
- Trap draws can sometimes play a huge part in a race, so make sure you have chosen a dog who has good form from the allocated trap