Greyhound Racing Tips
Our resident tipsters will be looking through the form guides to dig out those all-important winners. Make sure you come back to have a look what they are tipping up for future greyhound racing.
Quattro Can Storm To Greyhound Derby Glory
Farloe Blitz is entitled to be a red-hot favourite for the 2015 Greyhound Derby, which takes place in front of the Sky Sports cameras at 9:08pm on Saturday night, but Owen McKenna's superstar is worth taking on at 10/11 for the Wimbledon showpiece.
Having blown his rivals away with aplomb in the qualification rounds, Farloe Blitz stamped his authority on the competition with a paw-perfect display in the semi-final, but having been etched in around a 6/4 shot for that eliminator, he's now even shorter for what is a tougher contest at the weekend.
So, at the prices it's worth taking him on and Danny Riordan's RIO QUATTRO is hugely over-priced at 5/1 with the sponsors William Hill and if he can break better on Saturday will be a lot more of a challenger to Farloe Blitz and has to be a huge player.
He chased Farloe Blitz with real tenacity last Saturday and if Making Paper can ping the lids, like he did in his semi-final win, then he could well hinder Farloe Blitz's position at the first bend, whilst track record Eden The Kid is another lively runner if emulating his imperious first round display.
However, if we are taking on the favourite then Rio Quattro is the one to be with as he is sure to hold a decent inside position at the first bend and if he is within a length of the lead he can duly pick his rivals on and go on to land the coveted £250,000 win fund.
2015 Greyhound Derby Final Tip
- Rio Quattro to win @ 5/1 with William Hill
Greyhound Tipping Clues
Tipping a winner is always difficult, especially when the action is live on Sky Sports, as some of the top greyhound talents around are contesting some ultra-competitive competitions.
However, we will try to put you on the right track with some pointers for picking those all-important greyhound winners.
- Check the dog's previous form at the track
- Look towards a greyhounds who has good recent form
- Mark Wallis and Charlie Lister are names to watch out for when the action is shown on Sky Sports
- Look for a dog with early pace to make the first bend in front
- Trap draws can sometimes play a huge part in a race, so make sure you have chosen a dog who has good form from the allocated trap
|17:50 | 17:53 | 17:56 | 17:59 | 18:02 | 18:05 | 18:50 | 18:53 | 18:56 | 18:59 | 19:02 | 19:05 | 19:50 | 19:53 | 19:56 | 19:59 | 20:02 | 20:05|
|17:49 | 17:52 | 17:55 | 17:58 | 18:01 | 18:04 | 18:49 | 18:52 | 18:55 | 18:58 | 19:01 | 19:04 | 19:49 | 19:52 | 19:55 | 19:58 | 20:01 | 20:04|
- 2012 Greyhound Derby Final Betting Coolavanny Bert short odds to win prize
- Coral Essex Vase Odds Back Aero Majestic in the Romford betting
- William Hill Oaks Odds Silverview Perky a marginal favourite at Wimbledon
- Yorkshire St Leger Odds Droopys Arshavin a marginal favourite at Doncaster
- Betfair Laurels Odds Betting predicts Eden Star will shine at Belle Vue
- Henlow Derby Odds Taylors Sky hot favourite in the betting
- William Hill Greyhound St Leger Odds Aero Majestic and Blue Bee dominate betting
- Greyhound Grand National Odds Blackhall Prince heads betting at Wimbledon