Bettor.com Scottish Derby
Final - April 13 - Live on Sky Sports 4
Shawfield will hold a mouthwatering Scottish Derby final on Friday night with all six dogs lining up having a feasible chance of lifting the coveted title in what is a perfect warm-up before all eyes head to Wimbledon and the 2012 Greyhound Derby.
Mill Pegasus will look to emulate his semi-final performance where he got the better of pre-competition favourite Boher Paddy in tremendous fashion, as he reeled in Charlie Lister's raider, as well as Barefoot Allstar to bag the first qualifier.
However, he will face some stiff opposition in the shape of kennelmate Mill Bling Bling, who has already shown in his career that he has the potential to bag top class glory, but he and Tudor Prince have form to find with Bowtime Sykes, who showed excellent late pace to nail them on the line in another cracking semi-final.
The prices available already highlight how close this final will be and no doubt trainers will want to head to Plough Lane at the end of the month with their dogs in fine fettle for the Greyhound Derby and this will certainly be an excellent stepping stone to Wimbledon.
- Mill Pegasus
- Barefoot Allstar
- Mill Bling Bling
- Tudor Prince (m)
- Droopys Christian (w)
- Bowtime Sykes (w)
Result 2012 - Scottish Derby Final
- 1st - Barefoot Allstar 7/4 Fav
- 2nd - Mill Bling Bling 3/1
- 3rd - Bowtime Sykes 7/1
Barefoot Allstar handed Paul Hennessy his third Scottish Derby victory as the 7/4 favourite held off Mill Bling Bling to land the coveted title at Shawfield and the dog will now use it as a springboard to the 2012 Greyhound Derby.
Having not won in any of the qualifiers, it was essential the black pinged the lids and he did just that, as he led up to the first behind. However, Mill Bling Bling was gutsy throughout the contest, but Barefoot Allstar managed to fend him off in the closing stages to bag the spoils by a length.
|17:50 | 17:53 | 17:56 | 17:59 | 18:02 | 18:05|
|17:49 | 17:52 | 17:55 | 17:58 | 18:01 | 18:04|
- 2012 Greyhound Derby Final Betting Coolavanny Bert short odds to win prize
- Coral Essex Vase Odds Back Aero Majestic in the Romford betting
- William Hill Oaks Odds Silverview Perky a marginal favourite at Wimbledon
- Yorkshire St Leger Odds Droopys Arshavin a marginal favourite at Doncaster
- Betfair Laurels Odds Betting predicts Eden Star will shine at Belle Vue
- Henlow Derby Odds Taylors Sky hot favourite in the betting
- William Hill Greyhound St Leger Odds Aero Majestic and Blue Bee dominate betting
- Greyhound Grand National Odds Blackhall Prince heads betting at Wimbledon