RPGTV Scottish Derby
Final - April 9 - Live on Racing Post Greyhound TV
Ballymac Matt will head into Saturday night's Scottish Derby final as the one to beat, but Kelly Macari's class act will face a plethora of classy performers in what is set to be a sparkling showpiece event, which will be shown live on Racing Post Greyhound TV.
He has landed the plum draw in trap one, and having impressed in his semi-final success then he has to be the one to beat, but Droopys Buick produced the performance of the competition in the semi-final, and if he can replicate that display from an unfavourable trap four draw then he is sure to be a primary contender for the coveted Shawfield crown.
Fair Taxes will aim to do the business from trap five, but he is another that will face an uphill task from his track position, as most of these runners aiming to land this big pot before they embark on an English Greyhound Derby tilt next month at Wimbledon.
You can't discount Eden The Kid who adds sensational depth to the event, as he aims to land another big prize for connections, while Leave At Dawn and Hot Pipe will complete the sparkling sextet that are to serve up one of the races of the year so far.
- Ballymac Matt
- Leave At Dawn
- Eden The Kid
- Droopys Buick
- Fair Taxes
- Hot Pipe (m)
Result 2016 - Scottish Derby
- 1st - Hot Pipe 25/1
- 2nd - Fair Taxes 5/1
- 3rd - Ballymac Matt 4/5 Fav
- 2012 Greyhound Derby Final Betting Coolavanny Bert short odds to win prize
- Coral Essex Vase Odds Back Aero Majestic in the Romford betting
- William Hill Oaks Odds Silverview Perky a marginal favourite at Wimbledon
- Yorkshire St Leger Odds Droopys Arshavin a marginal favourite at Doncaster
- Betfair Laurels Odds Betting predicts Eden Star will shine at Belle Vue
- Henlow Derby Odds Taylors Sky hot favourite in the betting
- William Hill Greyhound St Leger Odds Aero Majestic and Blue Bee dominate betting
- Greyhound Grand National Odds Blackhall Prince heads betting at Wimbledon