Shawfield Greyhound Racing
The stadium in Glasgow started off as a football stadium when originally built in 1898 with dog racing being introduced as additional revenue source in 1932.
At present the Stadium is only used for dog racing the but in the past it has been the home to football team Clyde FC and Glasgow Tigers speedway team.
Racing is held here on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday evenings. The stadium is used as the site for the Scottish Grehound Derby held annually in April.
The course is 432 metres round with the first bend coming in at 100 metres for 300 metre races, 90 metres for a 500 metre race and 30 metres for a 670 metre event. Distances raced at Shawfield are 300, 450, 480, 500, 510 ,670, 730 ,882 and 932 metres. The hare type used here is the Swaffham.
Shawfield Racing Nights
Tuesday, Friday & Saturday
Major Shawfield Events
- Regal Scottish Derby (April)
- St Mungo Cup (October/November)
- William King Cup
Sheffield Trap Statistics
Shawfield Track Records
|300m||Ravage Again||17.35 sec||07.04.90|
|500mh||Face The Mutt||31.07||22.05.82|
|670m||Crack of the Ash||40.50||11.09.93|
Shawfield Greyhound Stadium
- 2012 Greyhound Derby Final Betting Coolavanny Bert short odds to win prize
- Coral Essex Vase Odds Back Aero Majestic in the Romford betting
- William Hill Oaks Odds Silverview Perky a marginal favourite at Wimbledon
- Yorkshire St Leger Odds Droopys Arshavin a marginal favourite at Doncaster
- Betfair Laurels Odds Betting predicts Eden Star will shine at Belle Vue
- Henlow Derby Odds Taylors Sky hot favourite in the betting
- William Hill Greyhound St Leger Odds Aero Majestic and Blue Bee dominate betting
- Greyhound Grand National Odds Blackhall Prince heads betting at Wimbledon