Yorkshire St Leger
Final - September 4 - Live on Sky Sports 3
Blonde Fletch and Welton Arthur will do battle again in Tuesday night's mouthwatering Yorkshire St Leger final in a bid to secure the Doncaster title and the pair are set for a gladiatorial battle in the 661m final, which is live on Sky Sports 3.
Mark Wallis' Blonde Fletch had appeared to have his semi-final sewn up against Elaine Parker's Welton Arthur, but the latter showed great stamina to reel in the classy stayer to head into the final as the fastest qualifier and the pair are set to dominate the final in what is set to be another close encounter.
Welton Arthur has been handed a plum draw in trap one and will be hoping to utilise the inside run, but Blonde Fletch showed in the semi-final that he can pace up quicker than his rival and will be eager to get to the front and try to hold on this time, but there will also be some other notable contenders.
Mays Stewart is attractively drawn in box six and could land a blow if the two market leaders fail to fire, whilst Pantone Ava will be hoping to cause another shock after winning the other semi-final on Friday night and could cause a bit of trouble to the two market principles from the blue jacket.
- Welton Arthur
- Pantone Ava
- Blonde Fletch
- Coolykereen Dip (w)
- Peggys Style (w)
- Mays Stewart (w)
Result 2012 - Yorkshire St Leger Final
- 1st - Peggys Style 10/1
- 2nd - Welton Arthur 6/4 Fav
- 3rd - Coolykereen Dip 16/1
Peggys Style was a shock 10/1 winner of the Yorkshire St Leger as the Chris Allsopp-trained star produced a fantastic late burst to get the better of the well-fancied Welton Arthur in what was a cracking renewal of the Doncaster event.
Allsopp's Style was always on the vicinity, but he showed great stamina around the final two bends and was able to hold off a spirited effort from Elaine Parker's 6/4 favourite to land the spoils by half-a-length with Coolykereen Dip completing the top three.
|17:50 | 17:53 | 17:56 | 17:59 | 18:02 | 18:05 | 18:50 | 18:53 | 18:56 | 18:59 | 19:02 | 19:05 | 19:50 | 19:53 | 19:56 | 19:59 | 20:02 | 20:05|
|17:49 | 17:52 | 17:55 | 17:58 | 18:01 | 18:04 | 18:49 | 18:52 | 18:55 | 18:58 | 19:01 | 19:04 | 19:49 | 19:52 | 19:55 | 19:58 | 20:01 | 20:04|
- 2012 Greyhound Derby Final Betting Coolavanny Bert short odds to win prize
- Coral Essex Vase Odds Back Aero Majestic in the Romford betting
- William Hill Oaks Odds Silverview Perky a marginal favourite at Wimbledon
- Yorkshire St Leger Odds Droopys Arshavin a marginal favourite at Doncaster
- Betfair Laurels Odds Betting predicts Eden Star will shine at Belle Vue
- Henlow Derby Odds Taylors Sky hot favourite in the betting
- William Hill Greyhound St Leger Odds Aero Majestic and Blue Bee dominate betting
- Greyhound Grand National Odds Blackhall Prince heads betting at Wimbledon