Yorkshire St Leger
Final - October 9 - Live on Sky Sports 2
Farley Rio produced a scintillating display when recording the fastest time in the semi-finals of the Yorkshire St Leger, but the Kevin Boon-trained raider will look to emulate that performance on Thursday night when he heads to Doncaster to compete in the final of the 661m showpiece, which will be live on Sky Sports 2.
Millwards Teddy has been drawn in trap six for the Blue Riband event and will be aiming to keep away from trouble in the early part of the six-bend contest, but he was beaten by Droopys Hawaii in the semi-finals and that pair should put up another cracking duel, but the latter has to contend with a trap three draw, which may not be ideal.
Rearguard Bond has been handed the red jacket for the final and will fancy his chances of landing a blow, but outsider Baliff Turbo showed great early pace in the semi-final and from trap two could well hinder the inside runner's path to the first bend in an intriguing inside draw.
Romantic Rambo stayed on eye-catchingly into second place behind Farley Rio in the semi-final and will be aiming to produce a blistering final lap and get on terms in what is a fascinating renewal of the staying contest and is a wide open betting heat for punters to enjoy.
- Rearguard Bond
- Baliff Turbo
- Droopys Hawaii
- Farley Rio (m)
- Romantic Rambo (w)
- Millwards Teddy (w)
Result 2014 - Yorkshire St Leger
- 1st - Millwards Teddy 2/1 Fav
- 2nd - Romantic Rambo 7/2
- 3rd - Farley Rio 3/1
Dean Childs's Millwards Teddy was a fine winner of the Yorkshire St Leger as the 2/1 favourite reeled in the fast-starting Baliff Turbo and then maintained a comfortabl lead over Romantic Rambo and the staying-on Farley Rio in what was a thrilling final of the 661y contest at Doncaster.
|17:50 | 17:53 | 17:56 | 17:59 | 18:02 | 18:05 | 18:50 | 18:53 | 18:56 | 18:59 | 19:02 | 19:05 | 19:50 | 19:53 | 19:56 | 19:59 | 20:02 | 20:05|
|17:49 | 17:52 | 17:55 | 17:58 | 18:01 | 18:04 | 18:49 | 18:52 | 18:55 | 18:58 | 19:01 | 19:04 | 19:49 | 19:52 | 19:55 | 19:58 | 20:01 | 20:04|
- 2012 Greyhound Derby Final Betting Coolavanny Bert short odds to win prize
- Coral Essex Vase Odds Back Aero Majestic in the Romford betting
- William Hill Oaks Odds Silverview Perky a marginal favourite at Wimbledon
- Yorkshire St Leger Odds Droopys Arshavin a marginal favourite at Doncaster
- Betfair Laurels Odds Betting predicts Eden Star will shine at Belle Vue
- Henlow Derby Odds Taylors Sky hot favourite in the betting
- William Hill Greyhound St Leger Odds Aero Majestic and Blue Bee dominate betting
- Greyhound Grand National Odds Blackhall Prince heads betting at Wimbledon