ShawfieldTrack Betting Page
Shawfield Greyhound Racing
The stadium in Glasgow started off as a football stadium when originally built in 1898 with dog racing being introduced as additional revenue source in 1932.
At present the Stadium is only used for dog racing the but in the past it has been the home to football team Clyde FC and Glasgow Tigers speedway team.
Racing is held here on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday evenings. The stadium is used as the site for the Scottish Grehound Derby held annually in April.
The course is 432 metres round with the first bend coming in at 100 metres for 300 metre races, 90 metres for a 500 metre race and 30 metres for a 670 metre event. Distances raced at Shawfield are 300, 450, 480, 500, 510 ,670, 730 ,882 and 932 metres. The hare type used here is the Swaffham.
Shawfield Racing Nights
Tuesday, Friday & Saturday
Major Shawfield Events
- Regal Scottish Derby (April)
- St Mungo Cup (October/November)
- William King Cup
Shawfield Track Records
|300m||Ravage Again||17.35 sec||April 1990|
|450m||Fairhill Boy||26.85||October 1989|
|480m||Droopys Buick||28.63||April 2016|
|500m||Droopys Sandy||29.39||May 1994|
|670m||Crack of the Ash||40.50||September 1993|
|730m||Decoy Princess||45.09||August 1988|
|932m||Silken Dancer||59.35||September 1993|
Shawfield Greyhound Stadium
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply