SheffieldTrack Betting Page
Sheffield Greyhound Racing
Greyhound racing at Sheffield takes place at the Owlerton Stadium which is sometimes referred to as the Sheffield Sports Stadium. It was built in 1929 but the first dog racing events did not begin until 1932 it hosts over 250 meetings a year and attracts over 300,000 visitors annually.
As well as dog racing the stadium is also used for Speedway Racing and is the home to Sheffield Tigers Speedway.
The stadium has a capacity for 4,000 dog racing fans, with parking available for around 700 cars. Racing takes place here on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday evenings.
The distance of the track is 425 metres with the run to the first bend being 62 metres. Distances that are covered here are 280, 362, 480, 500, 660, 720, 800, 915 and 934 metres. The hare type used as this stadium is the outside swaffham.
Sheffield Racing Nights
Tuesday, Friday & Saturday
Owlerton Stadium Major Events
- Steel City Cup
- Dransfield Invitation
- Nigel Troth Yorkshire Oaks
- Queen Mother Cup
- Harry Holmes Memorial
Owlerton Stadium Records
|280m||Slick Citi||15.77 sec||21.09.10|
|720m||Swift Ninja/Run of the Hawk||42.80||03.11.07/04.07.00|
Owlerton Greyhound Stadium Sheffield
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply